|Food photo fail: forgot to take a picture of it before we ate half of it!|
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or other non dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 pound whole-grain elbow macaroni
- Sprinkle of vegan Parmesan cheese (if desired)
- Soak raw cashews with for at least 4 hours. Drain and discard water.
- Place cashews in a food processor with oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso, garlic, salt, paprika and pepper. Pulse until cashews are finely chopped. With the motor running, add 3/4 cup non dairy milk and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly coat a 9x13-inch shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add cashew mixture to pasta and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and golden on top.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 5 g|
|Saturated Fat 1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 286 mg|
|Potassium 68 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate 46 g|
|Dietary Fiber 7 g|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 9 g|