For Cookie Dough:
- 1 3/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread (or other vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup sugar free applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup, almond milk(or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking powder in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, or in a stand mixer, beat vegan butter, applesauce, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in almond milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, and beat 30 seconds or until smooth.
- To make Cinnamon Sugar: Combine sugar and cinnamon on in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (I use a melon baller and then roll in my hands to shape). Roll each ball in Cinnamon Sugar, and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes, or until cookies look dry on tops and are lightly browned on bottoms.
Nutrition (per 1 cookie)
|Total Fat 1 g|
|Saturated Fat 0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 84 mg|
|Potassium 27 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate 17 g|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g|
|Sugars 11 g|
|Protein 1 g|